Homeopathic treatment done for psoriasis. How to remove black spots on leg and spine?

Hello Doctor,

im XXXXXXX,age 23 years old and im single. im suffering from psoriasis from past 11 years....Actually 1st when we recognize about this disease i have scales on ears,hands and legs and spine...i have taken treatment in homeopathy,by the gods grace,mostly it got treated but i will be having some scales mostly on my legs and spine now...but wherever scales gets reduced there it will form a now i want to know how to reduce those black marks of psoriasis..
Please give me a positive answer doctor,as my parents are very worried for my future.
Posted Mon, 18 Feb 2013 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Pigmentation in psoriasis occurs due to inflammation. Firstly I would like you to know that bringing the disease under remission or under control is our first aim. Pigmentation in psoriasis is usually self healing and disappears significantly in five to six months.

However you may try these suggestions for early response-
1)Use a mild soap bar like dove, venusia, hidrate or cetaphil
2)Use a urea, lactic acid based moisturiser like cotaryl or moisturex twice to thrice in a day
The above two would reduce scaling or dryness due to psoriasis along with helping in pigmentation.

3)Avoid sun exposure to prevent further darkening of spots and use a good sunscreen with SPF 30 like shadowz or photoban or melaguard
4) To treat scales apply a steroid lotion like beclomethasone or betamethasone diluted in coconut oil
5)You may also apply a hydro quinine cream ( melalite xl) or Kojic acid cream( kojivit) over the black spots. These creams will give good response.

I would also advise you to consult a dermatologist nearby so that proper follow up with these medicines could be done.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back.