Home pregnancy test showed a faint line. Am I pregnant?

I had a fuzzy line appear on my pregnancy test where i would say positive. then it turned into a faint line like the neg line and after five mins it disappeared.
Am i pregnant
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
The very faint line that you saw could be due to an early pregnancy or a false positive test or due to a dilute urine sample.
The best thing to do now is to wait till your periods are overdue by 5 days and then repeat the test using a highly sensitive kit available OTC and use an early morning first sample of urine for the test.
Alternatively you can get your serum beta HCG levels evaluated for confirmation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.