Ask a Urologist   »  

Hole on the bottom side of penis, hard white material with odor, painful. Reason?

I have a hole at the base of my penis, on the bottom side, that often develops a hard white material and I have to squeeze it out. It has an odor, and I've had it since I was a young boy, about 10 years now. It has recently started to hurt. What could it be?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 30 minutes later

Your symptoms are suggestive of something like a Sebaceous Cyst. This is an enlargement of sweat and sebaceous gland in hairy areas and sometimes associated with discharge of Whitish material.

It is important for us to know how big is the hole and what is the size of swelling if any.

By a close examination, it is always easy to pin point the diagnosis.

It would be better for me to suggest, if you can send across a picture of the lesion.

You have a feature to upload the image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

It is a treatable condition. Do not worry.

Hope, this answers your query.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks and Regards

Dr Kiran