Hive like sores on buttocks, itchy, not painful. Tried Betnovate but does not go away. What can I take it for?

For the last month or two I have hive-like sores on my bum kinda near my anus. they are very itchy but not painful. I've tried lots of creams e.g. betnovate, sudocreme, fucidit, but it won't go away. What can I take for it? Is it fungal?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Based on your description and its site of involvement, I suspect it to be due to fungal aetiology.

Do apply MICANAZOLE ointment (Brand name : DK gel) over the affected area twice daily for a week.If its fungal infection as we suspect, it will surely show change in not more than two days by reduction in itching.

Take Tab Benadryl once in night after food for three days to reduce itching if its uncontrollable.Do not scratch ,scratching can cause it to spread.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.