Hit the top of head. Have headache, no dizziness, no blurred vision, no vomiting. Reason?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I hit the top of my head rather hard. I still have a mild headache 8 hours after. no other symptoms. no dizziness, no blurred vision, no vomiting. is the headache something I should get checked
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 17 minutes later
Hi sir and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
If you dont take anticoagulants I dont think you need to check this up, but next 3 days dont be alone, be cautious and if you experience any of these symptoms you ve mentioned including nausea, tingling in neck and hands and sleeping disorders(if you sleep too long or too short), you should visit hospital.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Hit the top of head. Have headache, no dizziness, no blurred vision, no vomiting. Reason? 2 hours later
can I take tylenol or advil
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 8 hours later
Yes, of course. Advil would be better for such kind of pain if you dont have ulcers,gastritis or stomach pain. Take 2 tablets initialy and then every 4 hours if necessary. Dont take more than 5 tbl per day.
If you have those stomach disorders take Tylenol.
Also try to be in a dark room and rest till pain is gone.
WIsh you good health sir.