Hit the head that led to a short episode of black out. Normal to happen while wrestling?

hi i hit my head while wrestling, and instantly saw black but it went away within seconds and i continued to wrestle. im not dizzy and i dont have a headache this happened over about 4 hourse ago.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 14 minutes later

From the details it looks like you had an episode of blackout lasting for few seconds with complete recovery. Possibility could be due to trivial injury to the head disturbing the vestibular system in the ears. Rare possibility could be due to XXXXXXX injury to the brain. However brief duration of symptoms and complete recovery is against it.

So, I personally recommend you to be calm and rest for some time. If these episodes recur with headache nausea or vomiting, consult your Neurologist for a good physical examination to exclude head injury. CAT (Computerized Tomography) scan may be required if symptoms recur.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Neurologist & Epileptologist