Hit on the head, knot, chronic condition, hard, no pain, skin moves freely over it. Treatment ?

I'm a cheerleader and I got hit in the head about a month back. I got what I thought was a knot on my head, but it's been a month and the knot it still there and it's hard and doesn't hurt at all. The skin moves freely over it. It's above my hair line as well.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
A bony hard swelling with overlying free skin following an injury to the head is most likely to be due to a hematoma which was formed at the time of injury and has now become calcified after such a long time.
Since the swelling is painless and is not growing in size, no active management is needed right now. Most of such swellings resolve gradually over 4-6 months time.
If there is any change in the shape, size or color, pain appears then further investigations like X-ray and CT- scan are entailed under the guidance of your neurologist.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.