Hit on nose by a flying object. Stopped bedding. Feeling sore and swollen. What to do?

Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist
hello, last night i was hit on the noise with a flying object while at home. The object hit close to th bridge of my nose. I bled pretty badly but was able to stop bleeding. Today I am better, very sore and have a nice cut on my nose. Thee left side is swollen, but no black and blue.
Do I need to see a doctor or will this just heal ok on its own
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This will heal. No need to see a doctor.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic.
Although you may have bled a lot and your face is swollen in the area, this will heal over the next week. The bruising may extend further over the next few days and you may develop black eyes. Try not to worry about this. It will look worse than it is. Take paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain. A cold compress may reduce the swelling but it may be a little late now for this.
I hope you feel better soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,