Hit on head. Suffered from head pain, burning and tingling face. Should I go for check up?

hello, i hit the top right side of my head from the hair line to the back of my head about 4 inches on a cabinet door that was above me. it knocked me completely down and for many minutes i could not compose myself. the rest of the day i suffered severe head pain, burning and also warmth and tingling down the side of my face, eye and check and ear. today the pain is better, just some smarts here and there but i noticed that my right eye seems to be different. maybe drooping or more open. it doesn't seem to squint as much as my other eye and it feels dry or like someone poked me in the eye slightly. do i need to go see a doctor?
Posted Wed, 15 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 4 hours later

Thanks for the question.

In view of details and your symptoms you surely need to see a doctor and importantly get a Computed Tomography (CT) scan of head done.

There can be various issues like fracture orbit, injury to orbital structures and hematomas which can present like this.

Your doctor might also consider keeping you under observation for 24 hours.

So please consider seeing your doctor.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any further enquiries