Hit on foot. Got swelling and graze over there. Should I get this checked out?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi about 5 days ago I hit my foot against a plastic garden table pretty hard. I hit the top of my foot and have a small graze there. It swelled up at the time but was fine the next day. I have no pain when I walk but even the smallest of pressure where I hit it hurts. Should I get this checked out
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 56 minutes later

If you are able to bear the weight on your limb without much pain then a bone injury is unlikely. You need to continue with rest and ice . Most of the times it is a doctor for thorough examination. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance to rule out any bony injury

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you speedy recovery...

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon.