Hit my head. Got bleeding and developed lump. Any treatment to take?

The night before last I fell on my stairs. I hit my head pretty hard on the ground. Hit it on the top right side. There was a pretty big lump that formed immediately and it was sore. I did not notice till the next morning that it was bleeding a bit and I noticed it in my hair. I did not go to the doctor or lose consciousness or feel confused. Today, my head is still sore where I hit it only and feels I little tight at the point where I hit it. Not sure if that is because I broke the skin or if I should be very worried and go to the doctor. Thanks. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 46 minutes later

Thanks for posting this query in XXXXXXX

Based upon the symptoms that you have posted, it seems that a serious brain trauma is highly unlikely. This is clinically evidenced by absence of loss of consciousness/confusion.

Your soreness is related to the skin injury.

Please don't worry. Your broken skin in the scalp needs minor treatment

As of now you donot need any scan or urgent visit to a neurologist

You can observe. If you develop headache, vomiting or any new symptom, you can visit a local neurologist

Best wishes