Hit my forehead between eyes. Had headache and upset stomach. Normal?

I bumped my head on shower four days ago. Slipped and fell and hit my forehead between my eyes. Had headache and upset stomach since. Normal? Treatment?
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not normal; need to investigate and then treat

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

First of all, it is good news that you have not reported any disorientation, loss of consciousness, feeling different (not acting like yourself), or blurring of vision. These are warning signs for seeking immediate medical attention.

But, you do have two signs: one being the constant headache and the other an upset stomach. Could you kindly elaborate on what you mean by an upset stomach? Did you experience vomiting or are since experiencing vomiting? If this is true, then please do not waste anymore time. I would advise you to visit a doctor at the earliest as even one sign of a possible head/brain injury should be reported immediately. Please do not be alarmed by my rushing tone, but I only wish to rule out any bleeding internally as your symptoms have not subsided since 4 days.

I hope you understand my concern. If you wish for any more clarifications, I am always available to help sir/ma'am. But in my opinion, it is better to be safe than sorry. Do consider scheduling an emergency visit to your doctor; treatment will be advised based on the diagnosis.

Wishing for it to be nothing serious, and for you to recover at the earliest.
God bless.
Follow-up: Hit my forehead between eyes. Had headache and upset stomach. Normal? 25 hours later
Thank you for your advise. I am feeling better today. 5 days since incident. No headache, naseua, or vomiting. Not taken any Tylenol today. I think I panicked. I will see my doctor if symptoms return.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Great news!!!

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

That is a great relief, really great news. Yes please, do write back to me if you experience any new symptoms or visit your doctor if god forbid any of the above mentioned symptoms return.

Wishing you good health now and forever.

God bless.