Hit my face and got blood from nostril. Sinus infection?

Spine Surgeon
I am 65 and I fell and hit my face (nose and forehead) on hard tile floor very hard Thursday at 4:30 AM. I had blood coming from Sinuses both sides of nostrils. I now feel like I have a Sinus infection. Do I need to worry about this? email address: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 2 hours later

Thank you for sharing your problem with me here.

With the history of fall on the face with nasal bleeding, there would be some contusion of the tissues of the face and even facial bones. There could also be collection of blood or fluid into the sinus. So you can try an ice pack over the swollen areas and steam inhalation for a day.

If you do not get better in 24 hours, it would be better to visit the doctor.

I hope this answers your query. Please revert to me if you have any doubt.