Hit middle finger from racket. No swelling but have pain. Having pain during bending the finger. Remedy?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doctor

I'm Veerendra , while I was playing badminton 3 months back I hit my left hand middle finger from my racket. That time I had no swelling , but some pain. I expected it to go off. But it has been close to 90 days and still there is little pain in that joint. Not severe but if I bend it there is little pain.

Do I need to visit clinic for X-ray or any home remedy available ?
Posted Mon, 23 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You need to visit clinic for X-ray .

Detailed Answer:

It could be fracture near joint. Slight stiffness and pain in joint is common even after healing of fracture. So it is better to visit clinic for X-ray to rule out any fracture near joint.

You can consult me again after xray, so that I would guide you further.