Hit head. Why do I have dizziness, headaches since then. Will it go away?

About a week ago I stood up and hit my head into a shelf really hard .I have had head aches and feeling dizzy since should I go to the doctors or will it go away
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 18 minutes later

If you had loss of consciousness and vomiting episodes or vomiting sensation few hours after you got your head hurt, then you may have to get a CT scan of the brain as such symptoms are usually seen during a intra-cranial bleed.

Headache and dizziness are simple symptoms and seen in minor head injury even without a bleed.Hence need not worry if you did not have above mentioned symptoms.The headache and the dizziness will go off in one or two week, If it doesn't get reduced even after 2 weeks then you may have to be examined by a doctor to rule out late and slow bleeding in the brain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wish you speedy recovery.