Hit harder while playing. Having pain below ribs, no bruise appeared. What treatment should be done?

My son age 15 was playing football and hurt himself in a tackle - he now has constant pain just below his ribs no visible signs of anything wrong - he feels like he wants the toilet all the time
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
I am sorry to hear that a young child was hit but it depends on the impact of the inury and how was he hit.

A hit with a force can cause XXXXXXX injury to the chest or abdomen.Since he is complaining of stomach pain, it can be an indication of any mucle pull or slight injury. The feeling of going to toilet might be due to intestinal colic or anxiety related to the injury.

If he has other symptoms as bulging belly,tender abdomen to touch,increased respiration then visit a ER soon.

It is best to visit your Healthcare Provider once as a Physical examination and evaluation of the child will help in ruling out the cause.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.