Hit hard on metal rake and injured foot. Had a tetanus shot. Should I be worried?

Hi. My wife just stepped on a rake, and it punctured her foot. The rake is metal, but she had a tetanus shot about 2 months ago. She was working in the garden, and there was mulch on the rake. Should we be worried about that? She has scrubbed it pretty thoroughly.
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
She does not need to repeat the tetanus injection but she must consult a surgeon who will know after examination whether she needs aggressive cleaning of the wound for mulch there and will do a sterile dressing.
It must be kept dry.
She will need antibiotics and pain killers for about a week.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!