Hit hard on back of head. Hurts to sleep. Having pain between shoulder blades. Should I go for check up?

Jan 2013

About a month ago, I was on the back of a four wheeler and as it began to take off, I fell backwards and hit my center back area and head. My back hurt pretty bad for about a week or two. It hurt sleeping on my sides for the first couple of nights. The pain started to go away day by day. I can still feel a little pain between my shoulder blades only when I either rotate my left shoulder or move my arms too far back. I was wondering if I should go see a doctor or just let it heal longer.
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 9 minutes later

There are two chances: 1) Any muscular injury 2) Any bone injury

You should go consult with physician/ orthopedic surgeon and get your x XXXXXXX of affected area.

Any type of bone injury may be deteced by simple x XXXXXXX

If all things are normal and you are still feeling pain then you should take muscle relaxants with analgesics for a short period for better and healthy life.

You can also do hot water fomentation at affected site for rapid recovery.

Put your query if you have.

Take care,

Dr.Mayank Bhargava