History of vitiligo. Noticed discolouration of skin on same area. Can i take betnesol forte?
User rating for this question
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 14 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Vitiligo is a chronic condition and can keep recurring even after a few months or years. It is a difficult condition to treat. If the condition is progressing we do prescribe oral or topical steroids depending on the extent to stop the progression.
Taking betnesol forte is surely a line of treatment; however taking it on your own can give rise to serious side effects. It can be started and continued only under strict doctor's supervision. This is an oral steroid and can have side effects if not taken properly under medical supervision.
So though the treatment thought by you is right, do not start it on your own. Visit your local physician or a dermatologist and start them as per his / her guidance.
In the meantime, you can start application of placentrex gel thrice a day over the area. Tacrolimus ointment will also be useful.
Hope my recommendations will be useful. Please let me know if I can address any other concern.
People also viewed
- Food to avoid having syringoma
- Ayervedic treatment for removal of upper lip
- Remove axillary hair cpt code
- Vitiligo treatment betnesol forte and vitamin b
- Betnesol forte for vitiligo cure
- Menthol cigarettes causing throat ache
- Betnesol forte tablet for vitiligo
- Earache and neck ache and canker sores
- Ayrrvedic solutions to stop pre hair greying
- Cause of deep ache in left lung
- What is usg rt axilla
- Canker sores stomach ache
- How does betnesol forte help vitiligo
- Symtom cant open mouth ear ache
- Betnesol forte for vitiligo treatment