History of tubal ligation. Negative urine pregnancy test, have pregnancy symptoms, had short and heavy period

I am 23 years old and had a tubal ligation surgery on XXXXXXX 23, 2011 after my son was born August 17, 2010. I think that I am pregnant and took a urine test at home which came out negative, but I know my body and think that I am pregnant. I have all the symptoms. My period was very early and only lasted one day.
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 8 minutes later

Rarely, tubal ligation can fail and you can get pregnant.

Urine pregnancy tests are not always reliable.

To confirm or rule out pregnancy you can get serum HCG test and ultrasound done.These are more reliable tests.

Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.