History of sinus problem. Getting constant smell of perfume. Reason?

Constant smell of perfume even though I am not wearing any. Have a history of sinus problems
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later

These strange smells are basically some sort of olfactory dysfunctions and generally are triggered by upper respiratory tract infections like sinusitis,as it is happening in you or sometimes a head injury in past can also precipitate it.
It is said that upper respiratory tract infection sensitises or damages some olfactory receptor neurons ,resulting into these type of smells.
Generally such type of symptoms go away with passage of time and the treatment is a general treatment directed towards taking care of upper respiratory tract infections.

I advise you to take steam inhalation and drink hot water and hot soups and avoid cold and chilly drinks.Keep your nasal passage clear and try to avoid stuffiness of the nose.
You may consult an ENT doctor and get CT scan of sinuses along with nasal swab culture to look for any persistent infection in your sinuses.

I hope it helps; however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck