History of recurrent miscarriage. Pregnant with IVF procedure. Had bleeding. Prescribed progesterone injection & vaginal suppositories. Cure?

Infertility Specialist
Hello Doctor
I have a history of recurrent miscarriage [3 times , hcg levels never gone above 700 levels, nothing seen in uterus(no sac) each time]. Now after going through an IVF procedure, i conceived with twins, right now in my 7th week, heartbeat seen in both. However had a bleeding/ spotting episode at 6 weeks due to 15x6 mm collection[hemotoma / peridecidual colln] in my uterus. Doctor had prescribed :
3 times sylate[500 mg] ,
progesterone injection & vaginal suppositories
heparin [40mg alternate day]
ecosprin [alternate day [75 mg]
she wants to balance the situation as she thinks heparin is necessary for me at this moment thus she is balancing that by sylate.
Do you think that I am on the right medication ? Will you recommend any change. please advice.
Thank you!
looking forward to your kind valuable inputs.
Posted Fri, 26 Jul 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 38 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) The previous miscarriages are probably due to some chromosomal abnormalities which is common cause for such abortions.

2) I understand that heparin given to you is due to any possibility of APLA syndrome suspected by your doctor.

3) Since there was bleeding earlier and no bleeding now, you can still continue with heparin as your doctor gas adviced.

4) I would have stopped heparin because it increases bleeding and it may not be necessary now as heart beat is seen and picture looks good. Anyway, follow your doctor's advice as she knows whats best for you.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: History of recurrent miscarriage. Pregnant with IVF procedure. Had bleeding. Prescribed progesterone injection & vaginal suppositories. Cure? 12 minutes later
Hello Doctor

Thank you for answering my query.

My concerns are:

1. I have been prescribed Sylate 500mg thrice a day to prevent any bleeding due to blood clot. Is it a safe drug to continue in pregnancy ? This is the main concern.

2. How risky 15x6 mm collection / blood clot is for the pregnancy? How will it go? Can heparin helps to get it resolved?

Looking forward to your kind inputs.

Thank you Again!
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later

1) Sylate you have mentioned is not safe drug. It is not proven to be very harmful also. Hence your d0ctor had weighed risks and balanced them. If bleeding has stopped for more than 3 days, stop this medicine.

2) The blood clot is small and should clear slowly. Heparin wont help to clear it

Dr.Mahesh Koregol