History of post operative infection after GI surgery. Had an epigastric insional hernia repair. How long will it take to recover?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I had a GI surgery. The doctor took out 12 inches of necrotic small intestines, cut off the adhesions and also took my appendix out. I ended up with a post op infection and stoma. A few months later I had an epigastric insional hernia repair. How long will it take me to recover and return to work?
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Infected sutures may heel in 4 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your history there was post operative infection so recovery will be delayed. Infected sutures may heel in 4 weeks time if now infection is will controlled and diet restriction followed. For incisional hernia recovery may take 3 weeks,you can do routine activity but no strenuous work permited. As you are having multiple diseases so its better to improve immunity by healthy diet and herbs Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care