History of poly cystic disease, had krimson 35, want to get pregnant.Please advice?

May 2013
Hi i had had history of PCOD(poly cystic ovarian disease) i m in under tretment my doc give me krimson35 and i had regular period last 2 month and then she ask me to stop that medicine and she start ovuiation study in that she got to know my egg repture in 20th april but still my period not come yet i m missed period by 10days today is 10th day i have blood test on 8th day but that was negative so it means i m not preganet or is there any chaches for my preganency let me know i wanna get preganent. when do get preganent plz let me know what do i neet to for that?
Posted Sun, 3 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Hi Uma,

Welcome once again,

So, you did your blood test for HCG and it came negative. Since it is already 8 days were past from expected day of periods the chances of pregnancy are low this time.

The reasons for absence of withdrawal bleeding (on stopping medicines) the possibilities are,
- in PCOD there will be high LH levels in some people which will prevent withdrawal bleeding occurrence.
- may be your ovulation occurrence was wrongly interpreted.
Don't worry now what you can do is go to your gynecologist and
- get one transvaginal ultrasound done which will rule out pregnancy.
- get LH levels done to rule out high levels.
- then take progesterone course for withdrawal bleeding.
- after attaining withdrawal bleeding, continue your previous treatment and plan intercourse during the time of ovulation, this time you might get pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please do not forget to accept it.