History of palpitations, tightness near chest, alcoholic. Reason?

27 y male. History of palpitations, just recently had a one second tightness in heart region, feels almost like the blood had trouble going through... In good physical shape but I do drink a lot. 6'2, 215 lbs.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 minutes later

Palpitations with a momentary chest tightness is suggestive of a cardiac circulation disorder. Being heavy alcohol drinker adds to the higher risk of having a cardiac problem.
Your being overweight also predisposes to any cardiac circulation defects.
My advise would be to get yourself thoroughly investigated for the presence of any cardiac disorders from your cardiologist.
Decreasing alcohol intake and losing some weight will also help.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.