History of miscarriage. Missed periods. Faint line appeared on pregnancy kit. Worrisome

Hi Doctor,

I missed my period on Sep14 and took a home test yesterday i.e., on Sep 17 and i have seen a faint line and think that i am pregnant.Is it safe to travel by train for 9 hours as i have a history of miscarriage.

Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Welcome and thanks for the query

No it is not safe to travel if there is any history of miscarriage.

If it is unavoidable then you should take tablet isoxsuprine hydrochloride and continue it throughout the first trimester. Take this tablet under doctor's prescription.

Tablet progesterone should also be taken under doctor's prescription and guidance.

It is better if you avoid any journey up to 12 weeks.

Train is better than bus and car but 9 hrs is a long duration.

Do not forget to take folic acid supplements.

Best wishes