History of miscarriage. Cramps, pain in leg and back, headache. Negative pregnancy test. Late period. What is wrong?

I am day 11 of my cycle (we have been trying to fall and I has a miscarriage 3 months ago) and from about day 7 ( period finished day 5) I have been having period like cramps, leg pain and back pain as well as a headache. No bleeding. I took a pregnancy test just in case and it came up negative. Very concerned as to what might be wrong as I google my symptoms and cervical cancer came up, however I had a clear pap result in late November so I may be being paranoid
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
First of all I want to tell don't be afraid of cervical cancer. It has different presentation like post coital bleeding. Also you are too young for the malignancy.
You are possibly having dysfunctional uterine bleeding known as DUB. It is associated with heavy abdominal cramps and menstrual bleeding. It can be managed on medicine only. No need to worry about that. You just need to consult your gynaecologist for examination and proper medication. If necessary you need to ultrasonography of pelvis.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Follow-up: History of miscarriage. Cramps, pain in leg and back, headache. Negative pregnancy test. Late period. What is wrong? 43 minutes later
But I have no bleeding? Just extremely bloated aswell??? I finished a normal period 6 days ago. The pain is like menstral cramps aswell as leg and back pain
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome back.
That's correct DUB id defined as pain during menstruation . It may or may not associated with increased bleeding. Back pain is referred pain from uterus. However leg pain doesn't look related to present condition.
If after treatment of uterine problem leg pain persists then we can do MRI of spine to see any disc protrusion. But it is not emergency , we can wait for it.