History of kidney stones. Found cyst in kidney. Suggest some medicine to get rid of this cyst and stones
User rating for this question
Sir, I have recently discovered that there is a simple cyst of 11mmx11mm in my rt kidney. There are no other symptoms faced by me I have a history of Kidney stones, always not biggger than 3-4mm. Presently one 3mm in Lt kidney. Is there any med allopathy/ homeo to get rid of this cyst and stone. By the way the stones have been found to be of calcium and another compound I am forgetting.
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
Simple kidney cysts are a benign condition as it reflects a dilated renal tubule and does not require any particular treatment. They may increase or decrease with time.If there is pain in kidney area , blood in urine , or cyst infection then you may require some medical treatment for it. In any case this cyst has to be left alone, do not worry about it.
Kidney stones upto 4 to 5 mm are likely to pass by itself, no active intervention is needed. Among proven medical therapies only increase in water intake to 3 to 4 litre /day has shown to increase the expulsion of the stone. There is no specific medication to help you bring out the stone. Potassium citrate has been used to help decrease the occurrence of kidney stones. Contact your doctor for the same. If stones are made of calcium it may be worth trying to decrease the calcium in your diet which is found in milk based products. The other compound found in stones is generally oxalate.
hope this helps,
feel free to ask any other queries
People also viewed
- Clotrimazole skin tags
- Crack cocaine and coumadin
- Life expectancy for a man with iga nepropathy
- Cobadex forte composition
- Overcoming white coat syndrome
- What does clostridium tetani eat
- Horseshoe shaped kidney and life expectance
- Costliest medicines kidney stones
- Mild fullness of pelvicalyceal sytem fetus
- Kidney stone medicine in cipla
- Impcops medicine for kidney stones
- Niri medicine for kidney stones
- Cortical cysts and kidney stones
- Right kidney shows extrarenal pelvis with mild fullness of pelvis
- Minimal fullness of pelvicalyceal system fetal kidney