History of intracranial hemorrhage. CT scan shows no acute intracranial findings. Have left-sided weakness and paresthesia. Is this a concern?

Dec 2012

Hello I closed a question before I remembered I had a Cat Scan of my head in in Feb of this year. Dr. XXXX said it might be scar tissue could it have formed since I had the CT. My intracranial hemorrhage happened 2 years ago. I had seizure while had brain swelling that caused them 2 year ago but ive only had 2 since them they was a year ago and I have had 3 this week. I went to ER but they did not seem this mattered. Im really sore on my left side not weak just sore. Below Is what the CT said. IS this concern to go back to er?

Left-sided weakness and paresthesia. Burning left side of head, front and back.

Symptoms left arm and leg. History right-sided brain bleed 2011.

TECHNIQUE: Multidetector helical axial CT scan obtained through brain without

COMPARISON: 11/21/2012

FINDINGS: No acute intracranial hemorrhage, stroke or mass. Ventricles,

subarachnoid spaces and cisterns are stable . No midline shift or mass occupying

effect. Bony calvarium intact. Stable focus of encephalomalacia right frontal

IMPRESSION: No acute intracranial findings
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 16 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well the results of the CT scan show clearly that you do not have any acute (precising) intracranial findings but long-term scar can be very tricky to see on CT or even other exams like MRI. The scar might just be part of the brain tissue that has deformed which can not be seen on imagery. Also, injuries such as intracranial hemorrhage are risk factors for epileptic seizures. It will be wise at this point for your doctor to rule out epilepsy as being the cause of your seizures and provide you with effective medications for that.
You will require an EEG, MRI and maybe another CT with contrast(if doctor deems it necessary).
Also to answer your question, scarring does not develop but rather is a sequellae of a healing process due to the intracranial hemorrhage that you had.
How ever, you will need a neurologist's point of view at this point in time for clarity.

Hope this answers your question and please feel free to ask more questions before closing your query.

Follow-up: History of intracranial hemorrhage. CT scan shows no acute intracranial findings. Have left-sided weakness and paresthesia. Is this a concern? 1 hour later
I have an appointment in 8 days to see a neurologist, Do you think that is soon enough or do I need to try to get an appointment earlier. I will talk to them about doing a EEG and MRI. Also they are only happening when I am sleeping my roommate witnesses them and says my head and body twitches a lot for about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to reduce the seizures?
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 11 hours later

Thanks for updating,

No it is not too soon nor too late. But if seizures are recurrent i.e more than 2-3 episodes in a week, then it will be best if you see the neurologist sooner. But I think, you should just wait and take the appointment in 8 days.
Well there is not much you can do at home to prevent or reduce the seizures. They are abnormal electrical movements in the brain and you can not prevent them, not without medications. You are already have an antiseizure medication, but apparently it is not doing you much help.
The only thing you may try to avoid at this point is getting into an accident when having a seizure. So for now, you would not have to be behind the wheels, not until you XXXXXXX the neurologist and your seizures are put under control.

Hope this helps and wish you the best