History of hypertension and dm. Stopped stocit. Feeling weak, speech disturbance. Concerned

from evening i stoped stocit tablets.weakness of right side limbs asssociated with speech disturbance.history of htn &dm
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 19 minutes later

Thanks for the query

With due respect to your treating neurologist, i beg to differ and suggest you that there is no danger for this act of omission.

Currently, there is no definite evidence in favor of stocit in patients with stroke even though it is often prescribed. It will add to the cost of therapy.

I am sorry that i don't know the exact type of stroke in you to guide you the treatment (bleed in the brain or infarct). If is infarct (blood clot) why it happened ? All that i can say that you can continue other medications that your doctor has suggested.

Hope this clarifies your query. Let me know if you have any concerns

Best wishes