History of hypertension. Having seizures and extreme dizziness. Worried for stroke

Hi, I have a history of hypertension and canot get it under controll. I also have seizures and extreme dizziness. And I have seen so money doctors already and been in the hospital at least 5 times last year. Im afriad im going to have a stroke or worse.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 2 hours later

Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

First of all I want you to come out of panic and start thinking about the reality. With the present availability of latest drugs, it is very much possible to keep your blood pressure under better control. The only thing needed is to stick on to only one treating physician and follow the prescription given by a treating physician.

There are lot of other ways, that you can keep your blood pressure apart from using medications like,
1. Decreasing the intake of dietary salt.
2. Avoid consuming junk foods and fat XXXXXXX foods.
3. Eat plenty of fruits because they have good amount of potassium,that protects your body.
4. Develop positive attitude and do yoga or meditation at least 30 minutes a day, which acts as stress busters.

So I advise you to consult your treating physician and discuss your problem. If the blood pressure is not under good control, the physician will change the combination of medications. Don't think about stroke or heart attacks. If you think in negative way everything appears downside and you will become low.

Hope you will be fine soon.

If you need any further clarification, write us back.
Dr. Sivayogi