History of fibroids, menorraghia, depression. Noticed vaginal bleeding. What am I suffering from?

Dec 2012

I have red water coming out from vagina every 2 days. I have a history of fibroids, menorraghia, depression and solvent abuse. For about 8 months now I dont have regular periods, or no periods at all, but every 2 days I get vaginal bleeding [sometimes its blood or red water].I always wear sanitary pads in case I'll start bleeding, and on "dry" days I get this ammonia smelling discharge. In the past I used to bleed after sniffing solvents, which I stopped now and do it only occasionally when Im seriously depressed. I'm scared to have the test/physical examination done as I suffer from vaginismus which makes it impossible.
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am pleased to be able to help you answer your health query,

From your description it is obvious that you are suffering from a pelvic diseases most probably of infectious origin. It would have been helpful if you could get examined by a gynobs (your vagina must not necessarily be examined since you are suffering from vaginismus). Just present the situation to your doctor and all that maybe done is a vaginal swap (which is less aggressive than a digital vaginal exams) and a pelvic scan). Your problem maybe organic/structural (probably due to changes in uterine wall as a result of hormonal disorder) or acquired (infection due to bacteria etc since you are having a foul smelling ammonia-like smell). Running some test and/or pelvic scan is paramount in establishing the cause and subsequently the treatment/cure.
Now, looking at your age (48), my impression is that you are entering the phase of menopause (you are having premenopausal syndrome) and so you will require symptoms you might be presenting).

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions.
Dr. Nsah