History of endometriosis and frequent kidney stones. Noticed blood in stool. What is causing this?

I am a 28 year old female with history of endometriosis and frequent kidney stones. A partial hysterectomy was performed a little over a month ago, removing everything but the ovaries. It was done laparoscopic and vaginal for delivery of the organs. After that surgery, my rectum did not feel quite right.. almost like when I birthed my daughter. My husband saw a possible hemorrhoid out more, which I got when giving birth. About 5 days ago, had toilet bowls full of blood coming from my rectum area - handfuls of blood when I wiped. Had a similar scare with this about 5 years ago, it was an anal fissure, no big deal.. I wasn't that concerned.. but did call my PCP. She thought possible XXXXXXX hemorrhoid and called in a cream that I haven't used yet due to issues getting it at the pharmacy. Today, the bleeding has decreased... but I had my normal bowel movement this morning. It was long, semi-hard.. but not terrible. At the end of the stool there was a cluster of these 4 fleshy colored round things.. they resembled a cell that has been blown up on the microscope. It was a round, membrane looking sac that had a darker kind of spot in the middle. There was also two alongside the bottom of the stool. They were not "in" the stool.. but on the outer edge of it.. and only at the mid to end of the stool. What could these be?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 2 hours later
Thank you for the query.
Possibly the bleeding that you are having could be due to hemorrhoids as the blood seems to be smearing the stools and as you said hard stools with straining for passing them are likely to precipitate bleeding.

The round, membrane looking sac that you passed in stools (viewed images) look more like undigested food particle (? meat). They do not look like any worms. It is worthwhile getting a stool examination done of those fleshy things.

Also, better to consult your gynecologist regarding same, as they will be able to examine the local (perianal) area to ascertain the cause of bleeding.

You can take some stool softeners like liquid paraffin available over the counter to take care of hard stools.

Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Follow-up: History of endometriosis and frequent kidney stones. Noticed blood in stool. What is causing this? 9 hours later
I'm not satisfied with the membrane looking like undigested meat. The day before this happened I know everything that went into my body.. I haven't had much of an appetite lately. I ate strawberry yogurt, granola, pita chips with hummus, chips with salsa, and chicken kabobs which were fully cooked (peppers/onions), potato wedges, and corn on the cob. How could undigested meat turn pink and into membrane form? What else could this be?
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Deshmukh 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Nothing else can explain the stool content photographed by you.

Well, you can try subjecting it to examination in a pathological laboratory and know what it is exactly.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a speedy recovery.