History of colitis and bowel issues. Developed lump, diagnosed hernia. Loss of appetite and diarrhea. Chances of lymphoma?

My daughter is 36 years of age. she has had a history of colitis & lower bowel issues. About 8 months ago she developed a fairly large lump in the groin area that originally was diagnosed as a hernia. During the summer she experienced loss of appetite and diarhea somewhat routinely. The CT scan of the lower abdomen & pelvic area indicated that the lump is a lymph node. It also indicated thickening of the bowel wall. The CT scan was conducted with imaging. Question: What are the chances that this is a form of lymphoma?
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get FNAC/biopsy of node and colonoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM). I appreciate your concern regarding your daughter

Lympadenopathy along with bowel thickening requires evaluation to confirm the diagnosis like FNAC or biopsy of the lymph node for Histopathological examination (HPE). She also requires colonoscopy examination to see what is the reason behind thickening of the bowel and biopsy for HPE if any lesion is found.

One can not tell the chance of lymphoma as per the scenario. It can be lymphoma, tuberculosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Infectious disease or may be some malignancy. So get the above mentioned investigations and discuss with treating doctor regarding this.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too.
Follow-up: History of colitis and bowel issues. Developed lump, diagnosed hernia. Loss of appetite and diarrhea. Chances of lymphoma? 12 hours later
Thank you, Dr. XXXXXXX My daughter's appt. this morning with her doctor was a good one as the CT scan showed no abnormalities other than the single lympth node which will be extracted shortly. He did not believe there was any cancer or other serious conditions prevalent.
I appreciate your help.

Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hello! you are most welcome

If you do not have any clarification , you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.