History of cold sore. Excessive sweating during exercise. Found sores on mons pubis. Herpes virus?

May 2013
I began exercising 2 months ago on ellliptical and have been getting sores on mons pubis that start out bright red and sometimes bleed then turn dark as the weeks past. Can this be a herpes virus. This has happened in the past when I start exercising and sweating a lot. And I do have a history of cold sores on my lips that I take l-lysine for but taking extra doesn't seem to work for this.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Oral lesions are usually caused by HSV1, that can also cause genital lesions sometimes. But according to your description there is more possibility for folliculitis.
Which might have occurred due to excessive sweating during exercise.
So you better take bath after exercise.
Keep the genital area dry as much as possible, use candid power etc which can give some relief.
If you are continuously getting the same problem better to consult gynecologist once and get examined.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.