History of chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer. Have numb and swollen middle. Done CT scan. Have fatigue

Hello - I have had what they call a PPD op and have had chemotherapy during 2011 and 2012 the chemo ceased May 2012. I find now that I have an area of approx 5" wide andn 10" length which is numb and swollen so much so that when I was ironing the other month (steam iron) I burnt my middle but knew nothing about it. I have had a CT scan and am due for another but have been told not to worry. I am not a worrier and even if I try toi contract my muscles it makes no difference and I do not overeat. I am not in the clear with the cancer of the pancreas as they could not get it all out. The cancer although on the liver as well is now cear from the liver and had apparentlynot spread to the lymph nodes. I also suffer from fatigue. My age is 69
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later

Thanks for the query..

The sensory loss is due to involvement of nerve or spinal cord. This may be due to pressure effect or direct involvement.

Kindly attach the reports (blood and imaging) here and your diagnosis, status so that we can discuss the problem causing this.

Cancer management depends on the type, stage and also other associated conditions. Based on the status your doctor will treat you.

For fatigue have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie and regular exercises. Yoga and pranayama will help you.

Kindly get back with the reports.
Wish you good health. Take care.