Ask a Urologist   »  

History of cardiac disease and stroke. Having difficulty in passing urine. Scheduled for cystoscopy with TURP. Advice

General Surgeon
Question
MY UROLOGIST WANTS ME TO HAVE cystoscopy with transurethral resection of the prostate with bladder neck incision . I have had burning when I pee and feel like I no not empty my Bladder. I am under cardiac care and have had bypass and 2 stents put in. Also a stroke and two tia's.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: If you have difficulty in urination,surgery isbest Detailed Answer: Hi Previous history of Cardiac disease and Stroke are definitely risk factors for you at the age of 83. However if you have difficulty in passing urine, then surgery would be a good choice and Transurethral resection of prostate is the best option. If the Surgery improves your Urine flow,it is better to go for it. You have not specified the reason why your urologist wants to perform the TURP on you. It might be better if you can provide me the reasons. Wish you good health and speedy recovery. Regards

Follow-up: History of cardiac disease and stroke. Having difficulty in passing urine. Scheduled for cystoscopy with TURP. Advice 30 minutes later
tHE REASON FOR TH turp WAS THAT THEY DID AN cystoscopy and he felt he could do this surgery to make me pee better,

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can pee better after surgery Detailed Answer: Hi Since it is believed that you would be able to pass urine with more ease after the surgery, it is better to go ahead with the surgery. Regards