History of breast cancer and cervical cancer. Diagnosed with lymphadenopathy. What does this mean?

I have just left the dr's office and she says I have lymphadenopathy. I have some rather large knots at the base of my skull and one behind my ear. I also have a itchy scalp. I have a history of breast cancer.5 year XXXXXXX coming up. Chemo and removal of my right breast. I have also had cervical cancer in '99 and vulva cancer in late '97. Does this mean the cancer has come back? I am not ill but be am really tired. any scrapes or bites i get seem to get infected. They normally clear up the next day so this is unusual for me..
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Large lymph nodes of the neck can be due to a viral or bacterial infection, allergic reactions, metabolic diseases or some malignancy- may be metastasis.
For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.