History of TB in the lymph node. Pea sized lump on right side of neck. Is it TB?

Hi I have had TB in the lymph node on the neck about 4 years ago, I had taken the full 6 month medication and the dr had ruled disease was gone. Recently I have noticed on my right side of my neck there is a pea sized lump that i can feel when I press against it. My question is would I have tb again? Or can nodes swell up without active tb?
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Only enlarged node dose not mean TB.

Detailed Answer:

Every lymph node enlargement need not be TB always.

Lymph node can enlarged due to various reasons like:

Any infection in the area
Any inflammation in the area.

Apart from enlarged node other symptoms of TB like low grade fever,weight loss,weakness etc are also absent.

Please do not worry,minor enlargement in size is not a matter of concern and should disappear in about a week.

If it dose not,then visit your primary care doctor and try to look for the cause.