History of PVC in neck. Have degenerative disc disease of the neck. Will this lead to heart disease?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 64 yrs. old --male-long history of PVC in the heart. I also have degenerative disc disease of the neck. I was throwing a football alot last week with my Grandsons and since then my neck has been painful and notice a sharp increase in PVCS. My question that I would love to get an answer on is--can the disc disease cause or trigger off heart PVCS from pinching of nerve related heart nerves? Thank You--XXXXXX
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Degenerative disc disease of the neck is not related to the nerve supply of the heart. The degeneration of the disc causes compression of the nerve fibers coming out of the vertebrae supplying the arms and the shoulder region.
Heart beat is controlled by autonomic nervous system.
An increase in the neck pain can lead to an increased anxiety and stress which might cause an increase in PVCS. Doing relaxation techniques like XXXXXXX breathing, yoga and adequate rest will help in decreasing the symptoms. Restricting the caffeine and alcohol intake will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.