History of PCOD. Pregnancy test came positive. Prescribed susten. Is everything normal?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
hi Doc, I had an history of PCOS & underwent two assisted conception cycles, during the third cycle as we were travelling i didnt complete the cycle i .e i didnt take the injection given to trigger ovulation. then i thought of taking a break from the treatment because it was very depressing. but luckily on 25th March i tested with home pregnancy test & it came out to be positive. On 26th I visited my gynec & she did scan on me but could see only a small pin point dot in my uterus but she said uterine wall thickness is good & its positive. She has called me back for scan after two weeks i.e. 9th April. She has prescribed susten 200mg to as vaginal inserts once daily. My LMP was on 8th Feb.

I am worried & anxious after reading all those stories on internet. Is everything normal?
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 32 minutes later
Though you didn't take injection for triggering the ovulation, the pregnancy is possible as the ovum might have released naturally.
In early pregnancy sometimes the ultrasound may not detect the gestational sac.
So you follow your doctor's advice and go for repeat scan.
Meanwhile continue susten tablets and folic acid prophylaxis.
Hope for the best.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: History of PCOD. Pregnancy test came positive. Prescribed susten. Is everything normal? 2 minutes later
Thank you so much doctor, I have read that with PCOS chances of miscarriages are more . What precautions should i take . i dont want to take any chance.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later
If you are taking any medication for PCOS like metformin you can continue that till the fetal cardiac activity is noted in ultrasound.
If you are not using those tablets, susten and folic acid are enough.
Take nutritious diet, sufficient rest and regular antenatal checkups.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.