History of HPV related cancer. What could be causing burning sensation in chest, pain in elbow and tingling sensation in legs?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I am a 50 year old woman, just successfully treated 6months ago for stage IV bot hpv related cancer. I am menopausal, with high anxiety 30mg mirtazapine daily. Clear pet scans and ct scans 3months ago and regular check ups all ned. I had a modified radical neck dissection 3months ago ned in histology report. I am occasionally getting a burning sensation in my chest, I have rotor cuff damage, my shoulder droops, pain into my elbow. I also Have tingling sensations into my legs when I flex my head forward and the occasional spasm in my back. anxiety levels off the chart at the moment. what is happening to me!
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You need MRI spine Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. I will advise you to do MRI whole spine and if required MRI brain. There can be possibility of syringomyelia which can lead to pain on neck flexion. Another possibility can be due to compression of nerve root there is tingling numbness in your leg and pain associated with it. Burning sensation in chest can be originating from spine so on MRI we can get diagnosis. Your shoulder weakness and elbow pain can be associated with disc compression which will be clear after MRI, it can be due your previous radical neck surgery. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care