History of Bell's palsy. Used steroid. Left eye smaller than other. Can it be cured?

Hi, doctor
am female 30years old ,not known to have
any medical or surgical illness
3years back I had pels pulsy
And I used steroid after one month
I recovered completly
then one year ago I noticed my Lt eye smaller
than the other one
So Idont know if it could be recovered
because it become so clear
I feel soo depressed
Pleeees help me
One doctor advised me to use
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 55 minutes later

I understand that at this young age it feels awkward to have such eyes. This problem is seen many times after recovery from Bell's palsy. Imbalance in the contraction of the lid muscles on the two sides is responsible for it. Usually the eye, which is affected by Bell’s palsy, is bigger.

Most of the patients are able to live comfortably with it. It is not a medically threatening condition. However to correct the cosmetic part injection like Botox can be given. It is expensive and will be needed repeatedly. You can consult a neurologist in your area who can give you this.
Get back to me if you have any more queries.

Good luck.