Hip replacement surgery to be done. X-ray showed white spot on the spine. Any suggestion?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am going for hip replacement surgery and an xray showed a white spot on the spine. I am going to go for an mri in a few days. What could this maybe mean?
Posted Mon, 28 Jan 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 47 minutes later

Sudden appearance of a white spot on the spine is likely to be due to a malignancy or a secondary metastasis. A direct examination and seeing the X-ray will help in proper diagnosis.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Joint Replacement surgeon.