Hip replacement done. What exercise should be done for osteoarthritis?

Hello, Doctor
I have had my right hip replaced,and now the left one is also doing the same thing,caused by osto-arthiritis;
What I would like to know , is what kind of exercise can I do without speeding us the detiroation of the left hip,
I am 68, female ,5'2'" and 145lbs. I have a treadmill, a recumbent bike ,weights and Pilates workout bench.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
As there is no cure for osteoarthritis, treatments currently focus on management of symptoms. Pain relief, improved joint function, and joint stability are the main goals of therapy.
Ideally proper exercises, aimed at increasing the muscle power around hip joint, and other treatment aimed at preserving joint from inside.
The best exercises for you would be walking, recumbent bicycling and swimming.
There are specific exercises designed specifically for people suffering from osteoarthritis.

The main point is that before doing any exercise, you must consult your treating doctor and a physiotherapist, who can tell you the specific exercises best for you depending upon your ability and comfort level.

Besides exercises you must take following...
...for joint health take glucosamine with chondroitin
....for building of collagen of your hip, you may take collagen hydrolysate.
...may get some injection of hyaluronic acid inside your hip joint.
...take some cod liver oil, which helps in reducing the inflammation of hip joint.

Discuss with your doctor regarding the use of these supplements.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck