Hip pain, tender to touch, back pain, headache, tingling fingers. What do you think?

Good Morning, I am a 42 years old with an unremarkable health history. I am 5 5/12 and weigh 128 pounds. Problem: Went out for a long run (6 miles w/hills) felt great running, as weeks progressed isolated L Hip Pain very bad during sleeping and sitting. Dull aching throbbing pain tender to the touch. This a.m. woke up with bad lower back pain and a crazy headache I think secondary to my neck hurting also...I have an x-ray set up this week, however I am not sure if they will look at my lower spine or hip to decide if this is the hip or the spine or something neurological causing the headaches...for sure correlated...I never get heachaches! One more outstanding problem: My hands/fingers and L Toe are tingling. Very Odd. Again I am in great shape so not sure what to do think or quite honestly do for myself to alleviate the symptoms. What do you think? Thank you for your time.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Regarding your first issue , there can be two possibilities. Lower back pain ( lumbar XXXXXXX ) associated with hip pain are suggestive for lumbar discopathy, nerve compression , radicular syndrome. Or , there can be just muscle pain , tenderness , posteffort muscle soreness ( as you stated you have pulsating sever pain while touching ) , but from your description this possibility is unlikely .Regarding second issue , tingling, numbness, is very suggestive for nerve compression syndrome some time associated with pain on the wrist, hand , foot. If you experience headaches with lower back pain , tingling and numbness on the fingers, toes, , there possible nerve compression on cervical and lumbar region .For clarification I would advice you stop physical activity and seek properly neurological clinical evaluation, with nerve conduction test. X-ray at this stage will not help and Neurologist will decide further imagistic investigations ( MRI ).
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. In such case you may accept the answer closing this session. If you have additional queries, don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,