Hip muscle popped while doing zumba, swollen ankle. Had undergone surgery for talus bone, had meniscus repaired. Advise

General Surgeon
A couple of months ago I was doing Zumba and the muscle in my left lower hip/upper thigh region popped about 5 times - almost felt like something fell out of place. My left side was really weak - I could hardly walk so I gave it a month to heal - am now back to Zumba - it still feels tight and now I am having problems with it seizing up. Usually it is when I am sitting down and I turn my legs to get up or if I am walking it will seize up. Any ideas what might be going on?
Also, my right ankle has been swollen since last September. The swelling is on the inside just below my ankle joint. I had surgery about 3 years ago because a piece of my tallus bone chipped off and landed in my joint. The incision was on the outside of my left ankle. Not sure if this is an after effect of that surgery - I know the doctor had a hard time getting the bone out and I also had a torn meniscus repaired in my right knee in March of 2012 - so maybe I was compensating too much for the right knee and ended up spraining the left ankle?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 5 hours later
The pain in the left thigh is due to sprain.
Your right ankle is swollen .During previous surgery by the incision over the ankle,fluid transferring lymphatics will be damaged.So,the fluid gets collected near the ankle.
Please take muscle relaxant and chemical forte.
It will come down.
Wish you good health