Hip bone pain, worsens after sitting for a while after a walk

Question
I have recently been experiencing a lot of pain in my hip bones (not the joints), the outer edges of the hip bone. Its especially bad after a walk and then sit for a short while and then get up.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
Pain in the pelvic bones is very unusual, in fact the flat bone pains are indicative of Multiple Myeloma, a rare malignant disease.
Please get your blood tests for CBC, ESR, CRP and Serum Electrophoresis and Urine to be tested for Bence Jone's Proteins.
And also review to a physician for a detailed physical examination because it will provide valuable clues to diagnosis and would be helpful in further management.

I think the advise would be helpful for you.

If you still have queries if any, please feel free to communicate back.

And if satisfied with my solution then please accept the answer and take a moment to express your feelings in the Review Section about my Clinical skills!

Follow-up: Hip bone pain, worsens after sitting for a while after a walk 57 minutes later
This condition came on very suddenly, like in the last week and a half, would that be indicative of what you are suggesting?

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,

It can be present for long but becomes symptomatic like that.
Because it is a serious kind of disease needs to be ruled out first before we can think of conservative treatment.

Wish you a great XXXXXXX