Hi..my wife has done HSG two times in a span

Question
Hi..my wife has done HSG two times in a span of three months.first report shows both tubes are blocked and second report shows both tubes are open.

Iam bit of confused.which report do I need to believe.can anyone help me on this.

Thank you.
Posted 6 days ago in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The tubes can open up due to the test.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
HSG itself can open a blocked tube due to the injection of the XXXXXXX that pushes through the tubes. The second report is more likely to be true. You can get a repeat test done to confirm the findings.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Hi..my wife has done HSG two times in a span 17 minutes later
As you said if incase the third time report says tubes are blocked then which report is correct.how can a blocked tubes open during HSG test.if blocked people say to do laparoscopy.can you guide me on this.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Out of three tests of HSG if two say the tubes are blocked then it is likely that the tubes are blocked. A false negative test is more likely to happen in HSG due to a faulty technique rather than a false positive test. So it is more likely that the tubes are patent. The pressure with which the XXXXXXX is injected inside can open a small blockage in the tube. In case there is a severe scarring then only laparoscopic surgery is needed.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.