Hi..i have been prescribed northisterone to delay my heavy periods

OBGYN
Question
Hi..i have been prescribed northisterone to delay my heavy periods due on saturday. I started today and took 2 tablets one at breakfast and then at lunch.....i spotted this pm...which is usual just before my period comes....have i started them too late to delay?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Soumya 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are late

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

You are right. You have started the tablets late. You should started 3 days before for the tablets to have had effect.

Let me know If You need anymore help.

regards

Follow-up: Hi..i have been prescribed northisterone to delay my heavy periods 10 hours later
i have not bled anymore since, can i continue taking...is it worth it? thankyou

Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please continue

Detailed Answer:
HI,

Yes. its worth continuing if you have not bled anymore. Please continue

Answered by Dr. Soumya 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue

Detailed Answer:

Please continue even if you start to bleed. This will shorten duration of bleeding,

Follow-up: Hi..i have been prescribed northisterone to delay my heavy periods 0 minute later
Thankyou.....if i start to bleed again shall i stop? if i continue will this shorten my period?